Created: 1st June 2018
Updated: 7th of January, 2020
Updated the “What kind of data do we collect?” section to disclose which data is collected when someone signs up for our newsletter.
Updated the “Your Rights” section to inform our newsletter subscribers about their rights regarding MailChimp.com.
1. What kind of data do we collect?
– Your name, email address and IP address
When you get in touch with us through the Contact page, we receive an email with your message as well as your email address and your name. This message is also saved in our WordPress dashboard and also includes your IP address besides your name and email address. Although you do not have to provide a valid email when you contact us, we do not recommend omitting it as we will not be able to get back to you otherwise.
Your name and email address will only be used to respond to your query and not for anything else. The legal grounds for this action is called “legitimate interest.” Your personal details are not stored anywhere and will not be shared with or transferred to anyone else.
Our email exchange and the message in the WordPress dashboard will be deleted within one month from the day you first contacted us.
When you sign up for our newsletter, we collect your name, email address, and estimated location based on your IP address.
This information is collected by and stored in our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com. Our company does not store any of your personal information.
Your name and email address are used to send you monthly newsletter emails with our top posts.
The legal grounds for us sending you newsletter emails is “explicit consent” – you have personally signed up to our newsletter by clicking “subscribe” and then confirmed your intent by clicking the confirmation link sent out by our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com.
– Basic info and log data
All web servers track some information about their visitors. This includes (but isn’t limited to) your browser’s details, IP address, referring pages, timestamps, etc.
This information can not identify you personally as it is tracked and collected for routine maintenance and administration purposes only.
2. Cookies and web beacons
The third-party websites we may link to from time to time may also collect information from you, and use or place cookies or web beacons on your browser.
That is done directly by these third parties and Good-Online-Dating-Sotes.com does not have any access to or control over these cookies. The data they collect is subject to the privacy policies of these third-party websites.
3. Other websites
Our content may include links to other websites. Their own privacy policies govern those sites. Please read those privacy policies before using those sites.
4. Google Analytics
We also use Google Analytics and thus Google Analytics cookies to understand how you interact with our site: which pages you visit, how long you read our content, etc. None of this information can personally identify you, and it is only used to analyze the usage of our site.
You can opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking software here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
The information Google collects is retained for 38 months. However, you can ask for your information to be deleted at any time. A data removal tool is made available soon and will be posted here.
Google Analytics cookies are valid for 2 years or until you delete them from your browser. Please refer to your browser documentation to learn how to disable cookies.
Google cookies also track data about your visiting behavior (i.e. which pages you visit) and the type of device you use. The cookie will expire once you close our website.
All visitors of Good-Online-Dating-Sites.com can sign up for our newsletter and receive monthly emails with our top posts.
Our newsletters are managed by our Email Marketing Tool MailChimp.com.
MailChimp.com uses web beacons and other tracking technologies to collect personal data during email campaigns. Read about it here.
The information they collect automatically when you read emails sent by us includes:
- Device data: Information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent by us, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Product usage data: Information about dates and times you access emails sent by us and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). They also collect information regarding the performance of our newsletters, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications. This information allows them to improve the content and operation of their services, and facilitate research and analysis of their services.
Additionally, MailChimp.com may obtain information about our subscribers from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and their joint marketing partners. Examples of the information they may receive from these third-party sources include:
- demographic informations (such as your age and gender)
- device information (such as IP addresses)
- location (such as city and state)
- online behavioral data (such as information about the use of social media websites, page view information and search results, and links)
MailChimp.com uses this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) they collect to enhance their ability to provide relevant marketing and content to us and to develop and provide us with more relevant products, features, and services.
You may withdraw consent by unsubscribing from our email list any time. You can do that by contacting us at goodonlinedatingsites[at]protonmail.com or following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email you receive.
6. Your rights
The new data protection laws give you as a consumer many rights regarding your data and privacy. These rights include the right to know what kind of data we hold about you, the right to know how we process your data and the right to ask us to delete your data at any time. If you have any questions about your data, please contact us through the Contact page.
A complete overview of your rights under the new GDPR law can be found here: https://www.vividfish.co.uk/blog/gdpr-8-rights-under-gdpr.
You also have different rights regarding MailChimp.com:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information by submitting a request through here.
- To object to MailChimp.com processing of your Personal Information, ask them to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by emailing MailChimp at personaldatarequests[at]mailchimp.com. Read more about this here.
- To complain to a local data protection authority about their collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
7. Updates to this policy
Updated: (1st June 2018)
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that’s stored in your web browser when you visit a particular website. The cookie can not identify you personally, and the data is only used to recognize your visit and offer you a better user experience next time. For example, a cookie can register your language preferences or save items in a shopping cart – all of this will make your next visit easier and more useful.
2. What types of cookies does Good-Online-Dating-Sites.com use?
Cookies we place
– Cookie consent – this cookie recognizes whether you have accepted cookies on our Site or not. The law requires a cookie notice. This is also necessary so we wouldn’t display the cookie pop-up every single time you visit our Site.
– Youtube cookies – when you play a video found on our site, Youtube places cookies that store your video player preferences in your device.
– Google Analytics cookies to understand how visitors use our site, which pages they visit, which actions they take, etc.
3. How long do the cookies last?
– The Cookie consent cookie expires automatically after 30 days from when you first visited our website.
– Most Youtube cookies are session cookies that expire when you navigate away from our website. Two Youtube cookies (‘yt-remote-device-id’ and ‘yt-remote-connected-devices’) are persistent or permanent cookies and stay active until you delete them from your browser (see next point).
4. Can I turn cookies off?
If you do not agree to us using cookies, you can disable them by modifying your browser settings (see more here: https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies). Although you can easily turn cookies off, it’s not recommended to do so as the Site, and its content may not display correctly.
5. Further reading
If you want to learn more about cookies, you can visit this website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.